The Common Law Admission Test (CLAT) is a national-level entrance examination conducted by the Consortium of National Law Universities for admission to undergraduate and postgraduate law programs offered by the country’s 22 National Law Universities.
This exam will be conducted in Pen-Paper mode. According to the information on the CLAT exam 2025, there will be 120 questions to attempt carrying 1 mark. For each incorrect answer, a 0.25 mark will be deducted. CLAT questions will involve five topics: Current Affairs, Legal Reasoning, General Knowledge, English, Logical Reasoning and Quantitative Techniques.
Aspirants have already started to explore the CLAT 2025 exam syllabus. They have already started to find the best resources for their preparation of the CLAT syllabus 2025. The best websites to start your preparation for CLAT Syllabus 2025 will be the CLAT official websites (https://consortiumofnlus.ac.in ) and (https://www.india.gov.in/official-website-common-law-admission-test ). On these websites, aspirants can get all the required information which has the potential to complete their preparation journey for the CLAT syllabus 2025.
CLAT 2025 Exam Syllabus
English and Comprehensions
This section of the CLAT exam syllabus assesses your ability to read comprehension, draw inferences and conclusions, summarize passages, comprehend arguments or perspectives, and grasp the meanings of various words and phrases. Students should be able to read the passage in 5-7 minutes.
- Questions based on the passage summary can be formulated, leading students to get into a more in-depth analysis
- This in-depth examination allows students to draw contrasts and similarities between the passage’s various points
For this section of the CLAT 2025 syllabus, you must perform 10th-grade level mathematical operations on data related to topics such as Percentages, Ratios and Proportions, Averages, Profit And Loss, and so on. Students will be required to solve short sets of facts, graphs, or other textual, pictorial, or diagram representations of numerical information.
- The section has 13-17 questions, each worth one mark
- The Data Interpretation format is used in the Quantitative Techniques
This section of the CLAT exam syllabus contains a 450-word passage that discusses facts, legal topics, or social issues. To succeed, you must understand both the legal and moral aspects. For a high score, think logically and assess the situation broadly. Some points are given below
- Recognize and apply the rules and principles defined in the passage.
- Apply the identified rules and principles to a variety of factual situations.
- Understand the impact of modifications to principles or regulations on their application to various factual situations.
This section of the CLAT 2025 syllabus assesses your ability to analyze and evaluate arguments, recognize logical patterns, and formulate conclusions. This section is going to have a passage of approximately 300-350 words. The following points will be used to formulate questions
- Recognize an argument presented its supporting premises, and the logical inferences drawn
- Understand and recognize arguments within a paragraph
- Evaluate the reasoning patterns and the extent to which conclusions are based on specific premises or evidence
- Determine the passage’s main goal and apply the resulting conclusions to new scenarios
- Make connections, draw analogies, identify contradictions and equivalences, and assess the overall effectiveness of the arguments presented
General Knowledge & Current Affairs
The general knowledge section will be used to assess students’ knowledge of current events and comprehension of significant news events. Students are required to analyze passages containing legal information in this context. The following are key areas to focus on in the CLAT Current Affairs syllabus:
- Latest and important events in India and around the world
- Culture and the arts
- International Affairs
- Historical events that have remained significant over time
Tips for Success:
- Start preparing early and follow a study plan
- Focus on all five sections equally
- Practice mock tests and previous year papers
- Stay updated on current affairs and keep reading news daily.
With dedication and hard work, you can crack the CLAT exam and secure your dream seat in a top law school!
CLAT Exam (Sections, Questions and Percentage)
|Number of Questions
|Total Paper Percentage
|About 20 % of the paper
|Current Affairs, including General Knowledge
|About 25% of the paper
|About 25% of the paper
|About 20% of the paper
|About 10% of the paper
Important Preparation Tips for CLAT 2025 Syllabus
- Understand the syllabus :
- Make yourself comfortable with the syllabus by creating a structured plan
- Mock Exam Practice:
- Practice with the CLAT mock test improves your time management
- Weaknesses to Target:
- Give extra time for your weaker areas
- Keep Up to Date:
- Keep up to date on current events to succeed in the general knowledge and legal aptitude sections
- Revise regularly:
- Include regular revision sessions to help you understand key concepts
Successful CLAT 2025 syllabus preparation requires a strategic approach that includes in-depth knowledge of the syllabus, disciplined study habits, focused practice, targeted improvement, knowledge of current affairs, and regular revision. These key elements contribute to a well-prepared and confident performance on the CLAT exam.